Thursday, December 20, 2007

Strenghten your noggin and feed the poor!

"When I feed the poor, they call me a saint, but when I ask why the poor are hungry, they call me a communist." - Dom Helder Camara

My friend Doug (who by the way has a rockin blog called Free-Expression) sent me a link to a cool site where you can increase your vocab and feed the poor at the same time. It's actually quite a bit of fun and much tougher than i thought it would be. Every time you get an answer right, they donate 20 grains of rice to the United Nations Food Program. In the 5 minutes before I typed this post, I was able to donate close to 5000 grains of rice, and I learned that a scullion is a kitchen servant (I know, it's ironic, but it's true).

The site was created by the same guy who created The Hunger Site amongst others (you can link to them from the hunger site) which are a few other ways to help out by just clicking. And if you think 20 grains of rice can't really help much, consider that to date, they've donated over 10,000,000 grains of rice. I don't know how many grains are in a bag, but that's a lot of paella!

Live Sustainably

Dave


No comments: