Friday, December 28, 2007

Ten New Years Resolutions That Will Help More Than They Hurt

"Life's most persistent and urgent question is 'What are you doing for others?' "- Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.


  1. I will not drive my car for one day out of each month.
  2. I will not drive my car within a half mile radius of my house unless I am going to or from another area.
  3. I will not use another "disposable" coffee cup.
  4. I will not take another plastic bag from anyone.
  5. I will replace all my lightbulbs with compact floursecents.
  6. I will find and fix all water leaks in my house.
  7. I will call my power company and ask them about buying "green power".
  8. I will find local farmers markets in my area and buy direct rather than buying pre-packaged produce from the store.
  9. I will speak to my children and my friends children about the need to recycle, re-use, and repurpose.
  10. I will evaluate my impact, pledge to do better, and always remember that life is not all or nothing and that any change that I make for the better can make a difference.
And 11.

I will be happy and make others happy because sustainably speaking, it's the only choice that makes sense.

Happy New Year

Live Sustainably

Dave

No comments: